The theme for the Royal Academy Annual Science Policy Meeting and the White Paper 2018 is ”Researcher-based education at universities”. Not just research-based, but researcher-based because it is the individual researcher who disseminates knowledge based on their own, and others, research. Teaching and transfer of knowledge from researcher to students has taken place at quality universities for almost a thousand years. Not just as one-way communication, but as a true academic dialogue between students and and educators.
Program for the meeting:
- Mogens Høgh Jensen, President of The Royal Danish Academy of Sciences and Letters: Welcoming speech
- Liselotte Højgaard, Chairman of the Science Policy Committee: The annual meeting
- Søren Pind, Minister for Higher Education and Science
- Ann Arvin, Stanford University, Vice Provost and Dean of Research: Stanford’s recipe for the research-based education
- Mette Bybjerg Brock, Student of engineering and former president of The Student Union, Technical University of Denmark: The Value of education
- Coffee break
- Andreas Roepstorff, member of the Science Policy Committee introduces key points from the White Paper
- Panel discussion, introduced and chaired by Liselotte Højgaard
- Refreshments and networking
Participation by invitation only.
Download the White Paper here: